Responsible for managing the day to day operations of various hospital facilities to ensure the operations, maintenance, and vendor management standards of the contract are met in a cost effective, safe and efficient manner. Works in cooperation with customer’s local management and operation & maintenance service subcontractors. Is responsible for managing local facility operations in accordance with approved operating guidelines and managing the corresponding budget. Leads operation and maintenance facility staff on large individual sites or a group of remote sites. This role would typically be found on contracts that are between $8M and $12M in size with budget responsibility of up to $5 M.
Main Responsibilities :
- Ensures that all facilities are operated and maintained in a cost-effective and safe condition in accordance with the approved budget and the customer’s requirements to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Maintains a proactive relationship with customer and understand business needs of local customer.
- Communicates those business needs to management.
- Reviews and approves expenditures for tools, equipment, supplies, materials and additional contract requirements. May assist with preparation of facility budget.
- Communicates operating philosophy, objectives and expectations to staff in a continuing effort to build the team.
- Manages, directs and schedules day-to-day and long-range activities for assigned properties and ensures that the staff are properly following processes and procedures.
- Manages and supervises facility personnel including hiring, promotions, recognition, discipline, and performance management.
- Plans, directs, and monitors the performance objectives of Operations and Maintenance personnel.
- May establish process performance metrics; tracking, analyzing, and reporting performance in terms of quality, safety, cost, and customer satisfactions.
- May take corrective action to bring about required change and ensure contract requirements have been executed at a level above the specified standards.
- Resolves problems and/or conflicts and maintains open communication with the client including providing regular written and oral reports to ensure satisfaction.
- Manages subcontractor specifications, problems/issues, performance and administration.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to operation and maintenance staff and manages resolution of complex problems.
- Provides the technical and management direction for all Facility Management services and utilizes all resources (i.e. Branch, Procurement, etc.) to reduce costs and increases satisfaction.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
What we look for
Stationary engineer competence card (heating class 1, refrigeration A) required Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience is an asset. Five years of facility management or building operations experience required with three years of supervisory experience in management, budgeting, vendor management, operations and maintenance required. Proven leadership abilities and organizational skills. Communication and interpersonal skills. Able to manage and train entry-level personnel. Able to deal with customers and others at all levels. Must be a team player, committed to working in a quality environment. Ability to travel.
514-658-5867, ext 203