Our client, a multi-disciplinary engineering group who specializes in the design, construction and commissioning of projects, is looking for a Piping Designer to join their team.
Offering services to the mineral, energy and infrastructure industries, their team is a proven performer in project implementation and delivery with a full complement of civil, structural, mechanical and electrical backgrounds.
- Comply with all applicable legislation, standards and procedures;
- Consult relevant resources as required;
- Communicate effectively with the project team;
- Identify issues and problems, help develop appropriate and innovative solutions;
- Produce discipline specific deliverables that meet the company’s, the client’s and applicable statutory and regulatory requirement.
Skills and qualifications :
- 2 plus years’ experience in a related field;
- Tertiary qualifications (or desire to work towards) in design/drafting or relevant base experience;
- 3D modelling and drafting skills in a relevant CAD package;
- Good communication skills;
- Work proactively, purposefully and efficiently;
- Commitment to quality, safety and understanding of OH&S best practice and obligations;
- Eye for detail and a systematic approach to producing deliverables;
- Basic knowledge in technical discipline;
- Competency in relevant design software.
Desired personal attributes :
- Highly motivated individual who proactively, purposely and efficiently completes work tasks to meet the needs of both our internal and external customers;
- Strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively with both the client and fellow colleagues;
- Keen eye for detail and personally like structure and organization;
Naturally team focused and can work autonomously;
- Safety focused attitude.
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 205