About the company:
Our client, an industrial leader in the manufacturing of high-quality equipment for the optimisation and cost reduction in the mining, mineral processing, petrochemical and energy sectors, is looking for a Procurement Coordinator to join its Montreal team.
The Procurement Coordinator will place capital and spare parts orders in the database, will do daily follow-ups with suppliers in SA or elsewhere, will do follow-ups with clients on a regular basis to inform them about order statuses, and will propose many measures to ensure client satisfaction. The role is about coordinating between suppliers, customers and other team members to ensure the delivery of parts and equipment to clients all over America.
To be discussed
- Place orders for parts and equipment from various suppliers (international)
- Track orders to ensure timely delivery
- Regularly follow up directly with clients to advise them of possible delivery delays.
- Ensure customer satisfaction in relation to procurement
- Contracts / Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are set up with selected suppliers and managed on a monthly basis
- Product catalogues are monitored and updated as and when required
- Incidents are addressed within the requested period
- Market conditions and new products are researched on monthly basis
- Recognises issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed
- Initiates action to correct quality problems or notifies others of quality issues as appropriate
- Implements ways to monitor and evaluate customer concerns, issues and satisfaction and to anticipate customer needs
- Other tasks related to procurement
- Studied in procurement
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Procurement experience in the manufacturing sector
- Experience in international purchases (customs documents)
- Main language of the position is English, French is an asset
- Knowledge of best practice in terms of procurement optimization
514-658-5867, ext 203