Our client is a national company and a leader in its field offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits. They are currently looking for a project manager to join their team in Drummondville.
The project manager will take full ownership of the schedule, budget and scope of supply of assigned projects so that the projects are delivered on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding customer expectations, provide technical input for the design and execution of the projects managed, as well as be the main point of contact with the customer, as well as key vendors/subcontractors related to projects.
- Drive project management processes; coach and mentor Project Managers and Coordinators in the use of tools and project management accepted practices, planning, controlling, reporting and recovering projects
- Promote a culture of safety including strict adherence to EHS policies and procedures
- Become fully familiar with the details, terms and conditions of project documentation upon receipt and acceptance of packages from Business Development; perform a technical review and prepare a risk assessment
- Ensure that the project is delivered as, where and when promised and that it performs as specified
- Maintain or improve project profitability as well as provide timely financial and project status reports including monthly project profitability reports and revenue forecasts
- Manage and report any changes, delays, technical, legal or commercial issues that may develop during the project
- Provide the engineering team with a full documentation package, including change orders, to allow a comprehensive design as well as managing drawing submittals
- Develop, maintain and manage production and drawing schedules, inspection and test plans and progress reports in a professional project management format
- Provide specific packaging / fabrication and testing instructions to the service department and continue to coordinate including shop testing and site commissioning
- Manage the procurement of equipment and materials including performing quality assurance inspections and maintaining records
- Facilitate regular communication and project meetings as required
- Education: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree, Project Management Professional designation
- Work Experience: 3–5 years project management experience in a related field
- Knowledge: Strong technical aptitude/background with technical project management experience.
- Proficiency: Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, MS Project / project scheduling software
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 205