Our client, who specializes in the development and management of green power plants, is looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead and manage engineering projects to sustain the existing operating assets, ensure the development of new “green-field” projects and contribute to mergers and acquisitions due diligences process for new potential acquisitions.
The Project Manager reports to the Manager of Engineering and Optimization room and may provide guidance and supervision to project engineer and engineering interns. He also acts as a technical expert/reference in order to support the operational teams in planning and maintaining existing assets.
- Provide technical expertise to the operation and maintenance of power generation equipment at all existing facilities;
- Lead and manage renewable power generation development and improvement projects, in order to meet the Companies’ strategic objectives;
- Lead, manage, design, carry out and complete routine capital projects assigned to him, in order to meet operational requirements and ensure long-term infrastructure and equipment reliability. Participate in the implementation of strategic capital projects;
- Lead condition and engineering assessment of equipment and facilities in the field and help develop short, medium and long term solutions;
- Assist in developing renewable energy projects through all phases, from preliminary studies and construction to operation. Select and manage 3rd party Engineering Consultants and EPC’s when required;
- Work with other project engineers/managers in the group, as well as external consultants, to achieve his assigned objectives.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- Be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec and be able to be licensed as an engineer in the United States (if required);
- Demonstrate proficiency in French and English;
- Possess at least 10 years’ or relevant experience as Project Manager in Renewable Energy or Industrial sectors;
- Show proficiency in relevant computer programs, such as spreadsheets, MS Project and databases in the MS Office suite of applications;
- Be available for travel in Canada and the United States or internationally.
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 205