Our client is a is a true global company with more than 110,000 employees working on all continents. They develop and manufacture 2D/3D inspection and metrology equipment for the Semiconductor industry. Their products are used worldwide by the industry market leaders.
Role and Responsibilities:
The candidate is a dynamic and self-motivated person motivated by advanced problem solving. He/she will work with specialists in the field of Software Engineering, Optics, Electromechanics, Robotics, Database, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Vision.
We are looking for fast learner who likes to push his/her limits and is team-oriented. The ideal candidate is passionate about high-tech and large-scale systems. Someone who steps up to do whatever is needed without waiting to be asked.
The candidate will be part of the software development team. This multidisciplinary team is responsible in designing, develop and deploy software solutions to our industrial customers. The candidate will also support and improve existing solutions. He/she contributes to the development of new features for the different components of the system.
Finally, the candidate will have the opportunity to use and improve his/her knowledge of the following technologies:
- AI Based technology
- User Interface programming
- Software verification and validation
- Computer vision/Machine vision/Image Processing/Deep learning
The engineer will interact with the AI team, software team, hardware team, QA, field application engineering team and project manager.
The main responsibilities
- Design and code large code bases targeting systems of mixed hardware and software with intuitive interactive software user controls and with the management of persistent data stores.
- Develop user interfaces for our services
- Work with SQLite database and CSV output files to generate custom reports.
- Design GUI screens to provide live feedback and status of the inspection to the user.
- Understanding performance of the equipment including electrical, optical and mechanical components and optimize our solution performance.
- Participate in design and code reviews, and communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Produce documentation used in solution proposal, detailed design and solution utilization.
- Performs software engineering within the agile process established for the project. Contributes to the continuous improvement of these processes.
- Provide accurate estimates for own work.
- Other duties as required and requested by management.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Computer Eng. or related fields is required. Master’s degree and/or a PhD is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in programming languages such as C/C++ (MS Visual studio, Borland builder (preferable)), STL C++ library, features of mathematics focused software, windows dll, services, API development or similar software engineering systems level experience on PC.
- Good working knowledge of data structures and design patterns, knowledge multithreading and Windows API is a definite asset.
- Knowledge of SQL for a popular DB like PostgreSQL, Oracle, or SQL Server
- Experience of Issue tracking systems such as Phabricator, Redmine and/or Jira is a plus.
- Experience or strong interest in machine vision and artificial intelligence.
- Problem solving and optimization ability.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high expectations.
- Skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Great team player and positive personality.
- Good to communicate efficiently and clearly.
- Pro-active and result driven.
- Organised and rigorous.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted
Associée / Consultante sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 202