The company provides specialized solutions to the mining, industrial, forestry and municipal sectors. Our mission is to carry out our customers’ projects with passion, resilience and innovation. Are you passionate about mechanical engineering and drawn to mining, industrial and forestry projects? Are you driven by the desire to be part of a close-knit team, where collaboration and learning are at the heart of our corporate culture? Are you ready to take on new challenges and add significant value to every project you take part in? This opportunity is for you!
Under the supervision of the Mechanical Engineering Manager, the Project Engineer’s main responsibilities will be to participate in various mining, industrial and forestry mechanical design projects with the support of the team. He or she will also participate in the growth of the team by training junior colleagues.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design mechanical projects for industrial customers;
- Prepare plans and specifications and supervise production on engineering projects;
- Carry out industrial studies;
- Follow-up and technical coordination of engineering projects;
- Internal and external project management;
- On-site construction supervision;
- Technical and logistical assistance for projects;
- Prepare or participate in the preparation of service offers;
- Transfer technical knowledge to young engineers to ensure technical succession.
- Perform all other related tasks.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Ability to face and solve problems;
- Use available human and material resources to meet deadlines;
- Design systems, processes and methods to facilitate work;
- Maintain good relations with suppliers, customers and any other person or organization necessary for the company’s business.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering;
- Be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience;
- Good oral and written communication skills in French and English;
- Experience in mining, forestry and industrial environments.
- Stimulating, friendly work environment focused on quality of life at work;
- Job location: Rouyn-Noranda, Malartic, Val-d’Or or Laval. *100% remote work available if mobility to work sites is not possible.
- Possibility of office and worksite;
- 40 hours / week;
- Salary to be determined according to qualifications;
- 3 weeks vacation per year;
- Eligible for 80 hours of floating vacations per year;
- Eligible for group insurance and group RRSPs;
- Employee assistance program and social club;