Do you want to put your experience and talents to work for the benefit of green innovations? Our client, who is looking for a Project Manager with the skills to manage large industrial projects and with experience in the engineering, procurement and construction phases of projects, has developed a technology with exceptional potential that can make a major difference to the environment.
Your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- Manage all interfaces related to the project, including engineering, procurement, construction, and module fabrication.
- Deliver the project on time, on budget, on-spec and ensuring safe operations to the Construction team and/or offsite module construction team.
- Proactively coordinate with other Project Manager’s for seamless alignment of deliverables.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and work with the engineering/procurement manager to ensure that the needed resources are assigned.
- Track project costs to meet budget.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan for the scope of work.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Interpret design specifications and resolves technical problems encountered during the mandate, with the help of the Technical Committee (discipline leads or Subject Matter Experts).
- Act as the final reviewer for the approval of deliverables before stamping.
- Work closely with the external engineering contract administrator to ensure that the management of changes procedures are well followed.
- Maintain a punch list system and ensure that all items are closed.
- Support the development of the Module Work Package (MWP) and the Construction Work Package (CWP).
- Project management leader with a minimum of 15 years’ experience in multidisciplinary industrial projects, ideally in the chemical or petrochemical industry.
- Bachelor’s in mechanical or chemical engineering.
- Strong leadership demonstrated in complex matrix organizations involving the coordination of a large multidisciplinary team involving engineering, procurement, construction, HSE and quality professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results of teams with or without formal reporting relationship.
- Effective communication requiring:
- Persuasion of and negotiation with external stakeholders.
- Alignment of internal stakeholders on scope, deliverables, schedule, cost, and technical integration.
- Proactive reporting to the Project Director on key issues, advancement of deliverables, risks and mitigation plans.
- Creative problem-solving on technical, project management, and human resources issues.
- Exemplary stress and priority management.
Associé principal / Consultant sénior
514-658-JUMP (5867) poste 201