Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you have experience in the field of renewable energies and would like to join a dynamic Quebec company?
Our client is a pioneering company in the wind industry in Canada and is renowned in the development, financing, construction and operation of renewable energy projects in North America.
They are looking for a candidate to fill the position of senior project manager within the development team. The position is at their office on the south shore of Montreal. The projects currently in development are in wind power, solar power, biogas, geothermal energy, renewable natural gas (RNG) representing investments varying from $1 million to $1000 million.
The analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the identification of potential project sites;
- Produce wind and/or solar resource assessments;
- Generate production reports;
- Produce preliminary designs for wind and solar farms;
- Ensure monitoring of the operation of the instrumentation;
- Ensure the collection and management of meteorological data from measuring masts and LIDAR;
- Prepare and coordinate requests for authorizations, permits and certificates as needed and all tasks related to the development of renewable energy;
- Work with external consultants who support the project development team and ensure compliance with budgets and deadlines;
- Participate in the preparation and drafting of call for tender documents;
- Ensure effective communication with company personnel to ensure a smooth transition from the development phase to construction for a successful project;
- Manage multiple projects in parallel in several different locations while respecting budgets and deadlines;
- Employees must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid and appropriate driver’s license, possess personal insurance coverage and have an acceptable driving record;
- Responsible for ensuring that safety, quality and environmental procedures are maintained and requirements are met;
- Keep up to date with professional, industrial and technological best practices.
The qualities required
- Passion for renewable energies;
- Autonomy and creativity in the search for solutions;
- French/English bilingualism;
- Excellent ability to communicate, write and revise documents;
- Ability to travel on the road as needed.;
- Knowledge of the Office suite / OpenWind, WindPro, PVSyst, ArcGis (or equivalents);
- Ability to coordinate external consultants;
- Relevant experience (2 to 5 years) in the renewable energy sector;
- Relevant training: Engineering, project management, environment, meteorology or other relevant field.
What we offer
- A competitive salary;
- A stimulating and well-connected work environment, located near downtown Montreal and the Dix30 district, a 5-minute walk from the Panama REM station;
- Group Insurance;
- Flexible hours based on 40 hours/week;
- A fantastic opportunity to actively participate in the energy transition.
Location: South Shore of Montreal
ID – 8174
Associé principal / Consultant sénior